Federal Work Study

Federal Work Study Aid

FWS is oriented for undergraduate and graduate students, giving them part-time jobs in order to help them to earn money to pay their education. These jobs are based in community service and/or related to their studies.

The mount of payment would be higher or equal than the actual federal minimum wage, but you cannot pass your FWS award.

The method of payment is by hour, and it is given by your school directly, at least monthly. The mount is according to:
     The type of job and requirement.
     Classes schedule.
     Your academic progress.
     Financial aid administration.
There are different kinds of work, both inside or outside the campus. You will work for your school if you stay inside the campus; but outside the campus, you would work for a private non-profit organization or a public agency, but it must be in the public interest.

For more information click here.